Get future-ready with CAPM® certification
Why is Project Management the new success mantra?
Ever wondered how the swank IT Parks in your city are set up so quickly? Or how new airports get constructed? Or how bridges and tunnels are built across the ocean?
The success of such ventures depends on effective project management.Which means not just planning the project from A to Z, but also anticipating problems along the way and still managing to complete the project within the allocated time and budget.
In fact, across industries, the key differentiator that has won organizations projects is their ability to deliver quality, meet deadlines, effectively manage resources and meet last minute change requests. Entrepreneurs are realizing the merits of hiring trained project professionals.
Project management is a profession that offers excitement, challenges and fantastic salary packages. If you've not considered it as a career direction, perhaps you should now.
Here are some facts:
- One fifth (1/5) of the world's GDP (US $12 trillion) is being spent on projects.
- Out of the 20 million people participating in projects worldwide, just one million have professionally recognized formal project management training.
- It's the only profession where the income levels continued to rise despite the recession.
- Project management professionals are in demand across various industry segments including IT/ITES, Construction, Infrastructure, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing Industry, Health Care and Service Industries.
- The IT industry works almost entirely on project basis. From planning and scheduling to managing critical interfaces with users & vendors - project management is increasingly being recognized as a critical area in Indian IT industry.
- Industry leaders like Infosys, TCS, HSBC, ABB, Hewlett Packard, GE, Siemens, Ericsson, HCL Technologies KPMG, Alcatel - Lucent, Johnson & Johnson, Sun Microsystems, Larsen & Toubro, Mahindra & Mahindra, American Express, Wipro, Cap Gemini, Citigroup just to name few - have recognized the importance of project management in their organisation.